Ants...

srburkApril 4, 2012

We've always had severe problems with the ants, inside and out. This spring, it's ridiculous. They've infested my pots and are turning my raised beds into giant homes for themselves. I don't blame them, but I have to do something. I can handle some, but we are talking thousands upon thousands and increasing. I use Terro bait and Ant Killer II for my house. I was wondering...would it hurt the veggie beds if I put covered bait (the bait is borax and something and non toxic to animals..and the bait stations are enclosed and weatherproof) out around the bed?

I can destroy the above ground beds (I use orange oil and molasses for those) but I just have to do something about the pots and the veggie beds or I will have to stop gardening...they will be aggressive in a few weeks, and I can only imagine what that will be like with those kind of numbers. I actually have seen three different kinds of ants, but the primary problem in the pots, lawn, and beds, are just plain old ants.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eltex

Check at lowes or other places for Green Light fire ant granule bait with spinosad. It is about $13 a bag here, and it is organic, and pretty effective.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
Illustration of the Perseverance of the Old Fashioned Iris
Last summer, I got a bunch of irises from an old house...
sylviatexas2
Is your Satsuma loaded this year?
Mine isn't, but there's one pictured on the Texas gallery...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Has anyone checked out the best place to get flagstone ....
Has anybody checked out the best place to get flagstones...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
Seed Starting / Mini Greenhouses
I have been saving the clear plastic containers that...
Gretchen Wood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™