Last weekend we were visiting friends at their old family home, outside of Baltimore, MD. While there, I decided to take a walk down by the pond. I was amazed and delighted to see the most interesting small clumps of Violets, happily growing and blooming in the full sunshine.
1. The abundant blossoms are just 1mm or approximately 1/2".
2. The blossom color is a light/medium blue with a slight white center.
3. On close examination, the lower petal has approx. 6 verticle lines coming down from the center of the blossom.
4. The leaves are small with a round/heartshape.
5. The flowering stem seems to come off the leaf stalk.
Would anyone be able to help with the indentification of this Violet?
Here is a link that might be useful: