We are getting with the program!!

ogrose_txApril 21, 2012

We have six houses in our court in an older neighborhood, and there are four of us really going to town on our landscapes; my neighbor to my left, me, neighbor to the right, then two houses not doing so much, and then Tan, from Vietnam who is doing VERY interesting neat things to his! This is fun to watch since I retired last year, and I do know one of my sweet neighbors is fixing to retire from teaching school for a million years, she absolutely hates yard work, but bakes and cooks like nobody's business, so who's to complain - life is so interesting with everyone's different tastes and likes and dislikes!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
melvalena

How fun to have so many neighbors into gardening..or at least working at improving the landscaping. Maybe the other 2 will join in shortly?

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 11:21PM
ogrose_tx

Well, I've been trying to get Alice (the school teacher) interested, but at this point her lawn is gone, but at least she does keep it cut, and does water the weeds once in a while! The house next to hers is a rental, and I doubt if the owner (who used to live there) will bother to spend any money to fix up, so, we just live with the cards we are dealt with... we just call him the "slum landlord", and let it go at that!!

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 12:52AM
msrose

How exciting. I hope you took some "before" pictures and will post some "after" shots.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 12:04PM
melvalena

I'm excited about setting up another Garden Hop..and the prospect of scheduling more time for your place so we can peek in on your neighbors as well!

Melvalena

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 12:22PM
ogrose_tx

Sounds good to me!!

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Need layout help!
Please advise on what plant! Im disgusted with my front...
snackattacker
Your best all around plant.
What has been your best all around plant that you can...
nate82
An awesome surprise!
We had made a giant tee pee in the atrium to cover...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
info about gardening in Dallas?
My daughter just bought a house and has asked for help...
teacup754
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™