Twiggy weed ID

shear_stupidity(9B)January 14, 2013

I'm in Central Coastal Florida. This weed is also taking over my front and back yards. It's fairly easy to pull, but there's too MUCH of it to pull it all by hand. It's very "twiggy." (Like bark instead of stems) Can anyone ID it so I can figure out how to get rid of it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Little white flowers? I don't know its' name either, but looks like a weed I had, perennial. Took a few years of pulling/mulching when it sprouted to get rid of it.

I don't spray chems on weeds, but if you do, read the instructions well. Generally, you would want it to be a warm, sunny, NOT WINDY day, after the dew has dried. RU is absorbed by foliage, so no need to use any more than necessary to coat foliage, or put it anywhere else. If you pull/cut something at ground level, then spray when it's begun to grow back, having used stored resources to do so, you'll get optimal devastation. For example, weed-wack or cut to ground several times while waiting for the correct weather. In that weakened state, a little poison will be much more effective when you use it at the proper time.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 11:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

I have something similar which I think is diodia virginia / Virginia buttonweed. 4-petalled flowers.

Mine grows in grass and is taking over. It can't be pulled up, and needs to be dug.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
Weed Identification (Florida)
Good afternoon, I have a problem with a weed (type...
BoogieMan2718
Poor Man's Weed Barrier
I need to block weeds and grass from popping up from...
jeff_leites
Weed Indentification
It generates a ton of fluffy seed balls that blow with...
GaryDEvans
Black Medic (Medicago lupulina)
Black medic was growing rampant in my garden. I used...
Gary
Bark mulch size
In my shrub garden, will large or small bark chunks...
gcotterl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™