Hibiscus plants

marcie_new(z8)April 18, 2011

Hi everyone just had to come here to BRAG! Today I was so so lucky I stopped to gas up cause my junker was hungry to the point of going ding ding ding so I gassed up and went inside to pay and as I looked to the right they had plants so I just had to investigate and there they had Hibiscus upon checking the price it said 15.49 2and half gallon pot so I thought ouch pricey for my pocket and so I was about to leave and said what the heck I will buy one and not go out to eat twice this week so the attendant rang it up and it was HALF price!!!so I told him to ring me up one more this babies are big and the flower is single with the little stem standing out about 3 inches out of the center of the flower thflower is as big as the dinner plate hibiscus but this are tropical hib, I had never seen a flower so big in a tropical hib, color is deep deep red and the center is almost black with the stem tip yellow he is just gorgeous so the second Hib. is going to be a birthday present.Thanks for reading Marcie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houstontexas123(z9a)

grats on a great deal.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 4:19AM
marti8a

Great deal. I love those big flowers.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 3:04PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Marcie, that is what I did for my birthday. I bought plants I wanted. I just got my last order yesterday. I ordered the new Iochroma from Karutz greenhouse. I got Queen and royalty, he told me I was the first person in Texas to order them. You will love the tropical hibiscus, I bought my first ones last year at the farmers market in Rockport, for my birthday. My birthday is the day after yours. Happy Birthday! Barbra

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 7:40AM
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

Happy birthday and great luck with the hibiscus :) PJ

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Waxahachie Swap April 11 2015
We'll meet somewhere around 9 AM or so at Brown Singleton...
sylviatexas2
Need weed resistant ground cover
Nutsedge is killing me.
judgebes
Pears for North Texas
I would like to plant a Pear tree that has sweet crisp...
ruthz
Setting your profile to let people message you ...
With the old GW my preferences were set to let everyone...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™