Ornamec for Bermuda Grass?

kmmlangston(9)March 20, 2010

Hello, All ~ I have spent LOTS of time this evening looking at posts regarding Bermuda grass as a weed. My family bought a house in November and now that it is spring (finally) here in N.Central Florida (we had the 2nd coldest winter on record for us thin-blooed creatures!) our lawn's true colors are shining through, and they aren't pretty. We are supposed to have St. Augustine grass. However, we have what appears to be creeping bermuda grass taking over in several areas. The previous homeowner had neglected the yard and we have patches of chinch bug damage. We are plugging with st. augustine grass. However, the bermuda grass is infiltrating these bare areas.

I read in one post that Ornamec works on bermuda grass, but when I looked at the label, it did not say if it also killed the st. augustine grass as well. That is my question. If I use ornamec to kill the bermuda grass in my st. augustine lawn, will it kill the st. augustine as well?

Thanks so much. I can tell I'll be using the forum a LOT!!

Best Regards,

KMM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

A search on google with the phrase "ornamec and St Augustine grass" (sans quotes
turned up this info - Not selective among grasses
See http://www.burger.com/bermuda.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: ornamec

Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Idea for homemade herbicide: think it'll work?
So I have been brewing kombucha at home. A bunch of...
irjowo99
Ailanthus Advice?
I've cross-posted this from the Trees Forum, but am...
shaxhome
weed or no
i have this growing in the middle of strawberry patch,...
hxluo
How To Get Rid of Weeds Around Plants/Flowers?
OK, I'm sure this has been addressed over and over,...
Claire_from_Michigan
Black Medic (Medicago lupulina)
Black medic was growing rampant in my garden. I used...
Gary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™