Crazy Crazy Fall Plant Swap! 2
Ok everyone I have gotten so many asking when I was going to post it I figured I would go ahead and post it now... Sooo here is the 'suggestions' for the swap.
1. First thing SIGN UP
2. HAVE FUN, all swaps are meant to be fun!
3. The plants must me healthy starts and remember don't send anything you would not want to recieve yourself.
4. There will be no limit on the number of plants you can send in for this type of plant swap
5. Post the plants you plan on sending in, request plants being offered. I want everyone to wait until Sept. 4 to start posting your list and requesting. but I would like everyone to give me your 5 Most wanted plants (only 5) I know its hard but that would keep it at a limit so I know its something you reallly want. Please offer a plant to someone if it is on their top five as they will have first chance at it. (Please keep your top five specific and not just perrienial, etc)
6. Extras are welcome if you would like to send them they will be redistributed in random.
8. YOU MUST TAG ALL PLANTS SENT IN
9. DO NOT USE MARKERS TYPE WRITING INSTRUMENTS TO MARK YOUR LABELS WITH, THEY WILL FADE WITH JUST A LITTLE MOISTURE. Please use pencil or paint pens (or sharpie - although this will not be a permnant they fade quickly)
YOU MUST MAIL PRIORITY MAIL OR UPS WHICH EVER IS CHEAPEST FOR YOU
Make sure you send with your box with enough postage to return your box to you, a Delivery Confirmation sticker or enough to get you one, Return address Lable, List of plants. Please put these in a baggy so that they do not get messed up. (If you do not send enough postage I will not be covering the difference anymore so please make sure it is enough)
Plants must be properly packaged. Please see the link above if you are unsure of how to do this. Please use the recommended guidelines for shipping.
YOU MUST SEND HEALTHY PLANTS OR PLANT MATERIAL!
IF you have questions please ask.
Cuttings will be allowed, HOWEVER, you should provide at least 3 cuttings per plant for houseplants or 5 cuttings per plant for shrubs/bushes, this time of year it should be HARDWOOD cuttings from woody type plants. DO NOT TAKE CUTTINGS FROM FLOWERING PLANT'S TIPS THAT ARE IN FLOWER THEY WILL NOT TAKE! USE ONLY NON FLOWERING PLANT PARTS.
Please bundle all plants together that is to go to someone, me for instance, you can either tie them together or wrap in paper (which seems to be the better way for longer timed shipping - like this swap) Write the persons name on the outside.
IMPORTANT DATES CHANGES:
Sept 4- Posting of final lists for the weekend so that you have the weekend to get ready to ship
Sept 7 - Mail out boxes Priority with a del. conf.
Sept 11 - Would like to have all boxes so I can ship out asap
Please let me know if everyone can do the new dates!