No surprises

bigpinksJune 16, 2014

Cherokee Purple(I have 17), Parks Whopper(2) and Big Beef(8) are setting the most tomatoes by far. Mr Stripey(18), Estlers Mortgage Lifter(18), Hillbilly(3), Pineapple(6) and Bear Claw(3) are just doing OK. Its a shame that I don't like the ones as well that produce the most. Cherokee Purple excepted. I am finding the barest little bit of early blight but the plants are pretty far along so I should have several hundred fruit to give to friends. I also started three suckers of diff varieties in wet starter mix and I will have them in the large containers on the driveway in another week. 1 CP...1EML and 1MS. I had these last yr and picked tomatoes a month after the big garden was destroyed by blight.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ediej1209(5 N Central OH)

Sorry to hear your EMLs aren't doing that great. Usually they are pretty prolific. Ours are several weeks from even thinking about setting fruit. The joys of northern living - OY!
Edie

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 5:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigpinks

My plants did great in the basement this yr under the shoplights and were quite large when I planted out first week of May. They have fruit up to 3inches but the blight is gonna be early again. But I will have late tomatoes from a neighbor and the three driveway plants so all is not lost.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
New To Me .. Big Beef
I know there are some of you who are/have been growing...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Row Covers for Frost Protection on early tomatoes?
I'm in southeast Ohio and I'm wanting to plant tomatoes...
hockingapple
Tomatoes from my trip to Sicily
I went back this summer to my birthplace, Sicily and...
sicilianu
How many cherry tomatoes can I put in one 10 gallon pot?
Can I grow 3 or 4 plants together? It's to save me...
shijitake
Georges chocolate tomato?
Anyone heard of Georges chocolate tomato?
skyblue52
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™