eco-weeder punto - burn those dandelions

lingonApril 30, 2010

Has anyone tried the ECO-WEEDER Punto or any similar method? It's a spike that heats up and supposedly burns out the taproots of dandelions. It costs $250.

I'm concerned that it doesn't go deep enough - I can easily get the first 2 inches of root, the issue is the 8 inches.

(I know I should just be happy with dandelions, but I feel too much neighbor pressure)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beeone(4 N. Wyo.)

I'd spend my money on something else. All you have to do is remove the crown of the dandelion, which is just at and slightly below the surface.

I will frequently remove them with my pocket knife, just slicing them off about 1/2 to 1 inch below the surface and they don't regrow. A garden hoe also works well since you don't have to get very deep, just below the surface. The rest of the root will die and rot.

Bookmark   May 1, 2010 at 3:09AM
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

Using a flame, produced by some kind of gas, for "weed" control is not a good use of a non renewable resource. Using anything to kill "weeds" without correcting the soil conditions that allow those "weeds" to grow is simply treating the symptoms of a problem, the soil, rather than fixing the problem.

Bookmark   May 1, 2010 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Weed Identification (Florida)
Good afternoon, I have a problem with a weed (type...
BoogieMan2718
So I've hoed hound now what?
So it's that time of year I have started to notice...
mushibu10
opiopogon japonicus aka mondo grass
while not a weed, it can be an annoyance in the wrong...
bossyvossy
Bark mulch size
In my shrub garden, will large or small bark chunks...
gcotterl
what is this weed seed?
Found these seeds in a package of red lentils grown...
Okanagan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™