Container Plants that just don't stop!

rumbum(9)May 30, 2012

Due to limited space I have to be very picky which plants I can have. I don't have a yard and all my plants are potted. I am so impressed with my heart-leaf ice plant which never stops blooming and my chili pequin just keeps producing more peppers than I know what to do with! These are both perennials so I can enjoy them year after year and they look awesome all the time! What are your favorite ever-blooming container plants?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jardineratx

I have several begonias that are excellent ever-blooming container plants. They do need protection from freezes,however. Many annuals are fantastic, free-blooming container plants, but need to be replaced a couple of times per year. I normally put several annuals in one container,making a colorful dish garden. I change them out as the seasons change. Since annuals are not very expensive, I find this a good way to keep color in my potted plants.
Molly

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 5:46PM
aufelipe

A friend gave me seeds of Dahlberg Daisy last year and it quickly became a favorite. It sat in a pot in full sun through last year's heat and never stopped blooming. Ferny foliage and pretty little yellow flowers. Supposedly it will freeze if we get a cold winter, but reseeds itself easily.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 1:35PM
ocgf(Z8)

Gaura, Calylophus, Ruellia (invasive), Four O'clock (invasive)and Impatiens (annual).

Omar

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 3:11PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

Starry eyed nurembergia full sun and for a long long time it blooms.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 3:40PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

passionvines do really well in pots. I just butt the pot next to a tree. I have also tried the claw plants from puerto rico, they are really doing well in pots, and show alot of new growth. All my plants do better in the ground, except for desert roses, they like it crowded. Barbra

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 8:43PM
ClayW

Definitely impatiens, they do great on our shady front porch in hanging baskets, just keep them well watered.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
That time again....Texas Forum Roll Call!!!!
I've really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people on...
remuda1
Pears for North Texas
I would like to plant a Pear tree that has sweet crisp...
ruthz
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Need weed resistant ground cover
Nutsedge is killing me.
judgebes
HAVE: Ft Worth Spring Swap Trinity Park April 18
Okay, I know it's still January. technically. But the...
sylviatexas1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™