3. Landscape help. Backyard

chriswanderer90(7)March 5, 2013

Hi:

Last one lol.
20mi NW of Philly (zone 7?)

My house has its own private sewage and gas tank, as you can see the green lids on the ground.

Instead of having grass there, I was thinking about paving rocks around it, with native plants around it. But it'd have to be wide enough for the workers to come every several months to remove sewage..

Anyone have more creative ideas?

Thanks!
Chris Chung

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dee67

My dear friend has this exact set-up. When I landscaped around it to camouflage it, I cut a bed around all the caps.I did smallish evergreens (topiary, spiral arbs & standards) on the ends & grasses & perennials between the caps in the middle. The point was to have some "hindsight", if it ever had to be dug up, the perennials & grasses are easily removed or replaced. Then on top of the caps, I put a wishing well & a couple wooden chairs with the seats planted. it totally takes your eye away from an eyesore. For the most part you don't even know what's there. hope this helps.
I just went back & looked at your pic. yours looks to be situated pretty close to the patio.What you could do is incorporate it with the existing bed on the right & throw a bench in there to have another small seating area. That's a nice setting, BTW.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 11:51AM
chriswanderer90(7)

Dee67: Thank you. I think it would be nice to extend the garden bed towards it, and include a path.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:00PM
Dee67

You got it! I see a complete wildlife walk through garden in your future.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 12:37AM
More Discussions
Mouse, Vole or Shrew in Garage
Hi, I caught a couple of deer mouse a couple weeks...
GardenFan9595
Goldfinches and plants
Okay, after a few years of waiting impatiently, the...
tracey_nj6
Neighbours cat just killed my last chipmunk :(
I am so very sad right now. We started with 5 chipmunks...
datura222
Squirrel proof tube bird feeder
Need a recommendation for a good Squirrel-proof tube...
shw104
Cardinal garden
I shot this pic out my window one day. There are 27...
birdguy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™