Good source for LARGE ceramic pots near Dallas?

pennylayne111May 19, 2013

Hi! My husband & I relocated to Southlake (a suburb of Dallas) and I'm looking for a great place to buy large ceramic pots for both indoor & outdoor use. The local Home Depot doesn't have much of a selection, and there are a few nurseries in town that charge an arm & a leg!

When we lived in Phoenix, there were many places that imported from Mexico and Asia and had great prices. Does anyone know of something like this in/around the Dallas area?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

I googled Garden Ridge Pottery in Dallas and it seems there are several. The two near San Antonio have beautiful imported pots. They sometimes have good sales too. Last August I bought a bunch of ceramic pots for 75% off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Ridge Pottery in Dallas ...

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 7:57PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

I bought all my large ceramic pots last spring. They are beautiful, but too heavy to move in and out of the garage, so this year I bought those light pots.. The colors are nothing like the ceramic pots, but they are a lot lighter to move around. I will list 20 ceramic pots on craigslist for a very reasonable price, if anyone in San Antonio is interested. The colors are just beautiful. Barbra

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 11:20PM
marti8a

pennylayne, you can also check Ross stores. Sometimes they have large pots for low prices. When they do, they're generally up front but when quantities get low, they move them to the back. At least that's how it is at my store.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 4:29PM
Lynn Marie

There is a place at the Dallas Farmers' Market that sells pottery too. I can picture it but I can't think of the name of it. In case you needed an excuse to visit the farmers market! But Garden Ridge has a huge selection at reasonable prices.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 11:09AM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

I got my pots at Lowes, I just happened to be there when they marked them down 75%. I have 4 beige, and lime green, 2 brown, turquoise, and silver streaked, 6 dark blue. I wish I could have gotten all the same color. I put one color in each flower bed and it was really pretty. I also was lucky enough to get the light weight ones there at the end of the season, when they marked them down 75%. You just have to be there when they do it. I take a pot to the cashier, and have her check the price, a lot of the time, they are marked down, in the system, but they have not put a sign out yet. You just have to do it in the fall, just before Thanksgiving, they need to make room for Christmas trees. If you are looking now, I would go to Ross Dress for Less as mentioned before. lBarbra

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 12:03PM
taterbug(z7TX)

I found beautiful large pots at Home Goods and also, T. J. Maxx

taterbug

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:43PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Barbra I sent you an email about the pots.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 10:06AM
ilovemyroses(8 Dallas TX)

"Jackson's" is one of my favorite nursery and garden centers in dallas area, and has the best selection of pots, altho not cheap. they are out back, and they have huge ceramics. and beautiful. this is on Inwood near Love Field in Dallas. Google them for the exact address as they are a bit hidden. on the east side of the airport.

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
Pears for North Texas
I would like to plant a Pear tree that has sweet crisp...
ruthz
Has anyone checked out the best place to get flagstone ....
Has anybody checked out the best place to get flagstones...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Lady Banks on roof
Lady Banks, Old Blush, and Mermaid (not yet blooming)...
catheyz8rr
Favorite plants?
As a relatively new Texas gardener, I'm curious: what's...
intxfromoregon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™