Goutweed

Trick(6a)May 20, 2012

I found this growing by my porch in the shade. Thanks to the name that plant forum i know what it is. I was considering moving this to the side of my trailer but then was wondering about it growing under trailer and causing problems down the road. I'm just looking for advice on if it would be safe to move to the side of the trailer next to the skirting...underneath the trailer is just dirt.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Not sure what you mean by "safe?" Since you posted this on the weed forum, you seem to realize that most gardeners find this plant way too aggressive, a weed, formally designated as a noxious invasive in many areas.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 12:39PM
Trick(6a)

Basically i wanted to know if it would spread underneath the trailer or only where it could get light. I've since decided against the idea jus cus i read sooo many posts as to how hard it is to kill if i ever wanna put something else there.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 5:51PM
donna_in_sask

It took me six years to get rid of this plant in my garden. Every little piece of root will make a new plant, so if you DO decide to turf it, make sure to sift through and get all the bits of root.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 2:00AM
More Discussions
How To Get Rid of Weeds Around Plants/Flowers?
OK, I'm sure this has been addressed over and over,...
Claire_from_Michigan
Bark mulch size
In my shrub garden, will large or small bark chunks...
gcotterl
What is this in my garden?
I recently removed a plant from my garden and underneath...
Mustard06
So I've hoed hound now what?
So it's that time of year I have started to notice...
mushibu10
what is this weed seed?
Found these seeds in a package of red lentils grown...
Okanagan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™