It's supposed to freeze tonight!

catherinet(5 IN)April 22, 2005

Hi all,

After winter lasting 4 years this year, spring had finally sprung. All the wildflowers, early perennials, trees, bushes, etc. are blooming/sprouting. Now, it's supposed to be 30 degrees tonight!! I sure hope it doesn't freeze everything. What a bummer! Then Saturday night, we're supposed to get 2" of snow!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angel_kittys_mom(6a OH)

I couldn't agree more. This winter has been just endless, it seems. I thought it was just me! I went out earlier this afternoon to Lowe's, and they were bringing plants in because it was already so cold at 1 pm, with wind, rain, and snow. I'm in central Ohio -- where are you located?

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 3:11PM
catherinet(5 IN)

Hi ak'smom,
I'm in central Indiana. It's been 36 most of the day, so you know it's going to get alot worse tonight! What a bummer!

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 4:16PM
jillmcm(z6 PA)

I think most of the natives can handle it - it's the tender perennials and the annuals that might kick the bucket. The snow may actually insulate things somewhat. We've been dipping into the 30s regularly, but not low enough to freeze (SE PA).

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 7:46PM
Ninapearl(2aIL)

same here, 30 predicted for tonight. we put all of the wave petunias in the shed, hanging baskets in the shed. brought the mandevillas into the kitchen for the night. sure hope the perennials we planted last weekend make it okay. some of them are blooming right now and are just beautiful!

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 7:52PM
John_D(USDA 8b WA)

Weird weather for sure. We are far north of you, and we hit 70 today and are supposed to drop to 50 tonight,
The juncos have left two weeks early and the pine siskins are getting ready to head for their woodsy nests.

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Why aren't the birds going for the winter berries?
So, I have the native Viburnum trilobum and both native...
sujiwan_gw
Wasp nest? rid of it? leave it alone?
Same one in the pictures but with different angles...
chueh
shrews in my house
Hi everyone! I'm new to the gardenweb. I have a question...
NJdragonfly
Deer mouse question
Twice this winter my cat has caught what I believe...
sparky_10
What to do with a territorial Mocking bird?!
I have a Mocking bird who chases every bird that comes...
momof2luv2garden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™