Help!! I have Fishwort I can't get rid of
Two years ago a very sweet older gentleman gave me some Sugar Candy lilies. When the lilies started coming up I discovered I had been lucky enough to get an extra freebie. About 6 months ago the whole bed was covered in what folks here told me was Fishwort.
I practically dug up the whole bed and pulled out a 5-gallon bucket of this nasty smelling stuff. Since the root system runs so deep and there are many other plants in the bed (clematis, lilies, hybiscus, etc), I still have some of the stuff coming back. Any ideas on how to get completely rid of it without losing the other plants? I found one root about 6-8 inches down right through the middle of the clematis root system.