Doe in the front yard

kwilson(Z6 KY)June 28, 2007

I live on the outskirts of the city. Step across my back fence and you're in the county. So I guess I get the best of both. I went out about 4:00a.m. last week to throw out some trash and when I turned around there was the prettiest doe about 15 feet from me just looking at me. Guess she wanted to see what it was like in the city:)

I moved toward her and she just stood there. I finally got her to go between the houses and back to the woods behind the house. Where's a camera when you need one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

How nice!

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 10:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)

That's so neat! We live in Northern CA and in parts of our county deer are present often throughout the year. The first time we ever had them at our house was this last winter. Not sure why, they just came down more for whatever reason. Like you if they stepped into the yard we just chased them back up the mountain. The funny part is one day three does came down, walked through my yard and made a beeline for my Mary Rose rose. Of all the things to choose from she knew what represented dinner! I shooed her away before she could nibble but yes they are just so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
The Midwest Strikes Back!
Today I have the extreme pleasure of watching about...
Leafhead
What is the name of this bush?
I saw this blooming bush in Shoreline Park in Mt. View,...
ger45ti
Wasp nest? rid of it? leave it alone?
Same one in the pictures but with different angles...
chueh
Dramatic change in birdfeeder activity: Why?
About a week ago I put out a suet cake that seemed...
actionclaw
Baby Mallards
I am in desperate need of some help. We just hatched...
michelewelker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™