Animal droppings

joyce75(6b ONT canada)July 16, 2005

I just noticed today a few piles of what I assume are animal droppings in my back yard. They look just like black coffee beans and are in little piles in the grass close to the deck. Anyone have any ideas what animal has droppings like that?

We had a bunny in the yard in the winter but we have not seen it in months and we have the occasional raccoon and possum visits at night. But I have never seen these droppings before. Any help would be appreciated.

Joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

A little hard to guess without a picture - rabbit, deer, porcupine ? Maybe this link will help a little

Here is a link that might be useful: animal sign

Bookmark   July 16, 2005 at 1:56AM
jillmcm(z6 PA)

Little piles of black pellets are most likely deer or rabbit.

Bookmark   July 16, 2005 at 11:19AM
joyce75(6b ONT canada)

Thanks MORZ8. With your link's help,I think it looks like bunny droppings. So far I have been lucky and haven't found anything that has been chewed on so maybe she'll stick to eating the grass, which is fine with me.

Bookmark   July 16, 2005 at 12:01PM
joyce75(6b ONT canada)

Update...I saw the bunny today. Its just a young one, not very big and it seems to live or visit under our deck. The big bunny from last winter ate through the lattice and we haven't fixed it yet so I guess it makes for an easy entrance. It was chewing on grass today which is ok but I am not keen on it chewing on my flowers.

Thanks for the help. Joyce

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 12:46AM
sharondavies

i found animal droppings 2inches long, green in color,with pinched end about the size of a silver dollar with no found particles in it. It had no odor. I live in GA a little rural. I have raccoons,deer but it isn't that. Please help me!!It looke like greyish green playdough when opened up. I did find 1 hair about 1 inch long attached to one piece.

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 11:52AM
rachell_2010

I have sweet peppers growing in large pots. I saw small green pellets droppings about the size of my baby finger nail around the pot. The plants are about 4 1/2ft tall, with the tops snipped off. I live in East Cleveland Ohio, my yard is fenced in. What kind of animal do you think did this?

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 11:34AM
maifleur01

Better for you to start your own thread than select a very old post to add your question. Look for catapillers on your plants.

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
I found a praying mantis cocoon, where can I place it?
I was pulling up weeds and there was a praying mantis...
ladyrose65
Good squirrel proof feeder..
Hello, I'm looking to replace a Yankee Flipper Squirrel...
shw104
Plant ID
I have what appears to be a Dandelion but, not quite....
MAKofForest
first post - bird food that sparrows dont eat?
Hi, This is my 1st post here! Can you guys recommend...
kris2001
Wasp nest? rid of it? leave it alone?
Same one in the pictures but with different angles...
chueh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™