One of our twins...

hannah(5 south IN)July 9, 2005

Sorry about the poor quality!

There are twins...the other little one was really hiding in the brush.

They're SO LITTLE!!!

You can't tell from the photos, but they're only about a foot & a half high, if that!

Don't know where Mama is...she's usually right with'm.

They come through my property and hang out in the back every day.

I hope she's OK, cause these two might be too young to fend for themselves.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sarahbn(z6Pa.)

Bambi? Sarah

Bookmark   July 9, 2005 at 2:14PM
CarolinaAnnie

Aw, sweet! We are lucky enough to see does and fawns in our yard too, one time with twins also. I've been watching a little fawn this year starting from a tiny newborn to its current german shepherd size. I enjoy watching them leaping and bouncing in the yard while their mothers sedately munch and keep an eye on them nearby. Sadly last year we found a tiny little dead fawn under our huge hydrangea bush next to the house. It just tore my heart out thinking of it hiding and dying in there separated from its mother. Can't imagine what happend unless the doe was killed, we do hear gunfire in the woods from time to time.

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 5:51PM
CarolinaAnnie

Aw, sweet! We are lucky enough to see does and fawns in our yard too, one time with twins also. I've been watching a little fawn this year starting from a tiny newborn to its current german shepherd size. I enjoy watching them leaping and bouncing in the yard while their mothers sedately munch and keep an eye on them nearby. Sadly last year we found a tiny little dead fawn under our huge hydrangea bush next to the house. It just tore my heart out thinking of it hiding and dying in there separated from its mother. Can't imagine what happened unless the doe was killed, we do hear gunfire in the woods from time to time.

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Birds wasting the milo in my bird feeders
I am new to feeding and attracting wild birds to my...
wasabi_VA
What is the name of this bush?
I saw this blooming bush in Shoreline Park in Mt. View,...
ger45ti
Dramatic change in birdfeeder activity: Why?
About a week ago I put out a suet cake that seemed...
actionclaw
A very strange plant
The plant you're looking at is a Catawhatisthis, very...
plantnut65
Neighbours cat just killed my last chipmunk :(
I am so very sad right now. We started with 5 chipmunks...
datura222
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™