NEW: Incredible Edibles Pumpkins, Squashes, and Gourds Swap
Hi everybody! It's time for the Incredible Edibles Pumpkins, Winter Squashes, and Gourds Swap! This is the first Incredible Edibles swap of the fall season and I'm really excited about it, so I hope everybody jumps right in.
Here are the rules:
* The swap is for Pumpkins, Winter Squashes, and Gourds. The exception to the rule would be if you have a type of summer squash that can double as a hard shelled winter squash, like trombocino or tatume or some Scallop squashes. If you're not sure if your squash counts as a "Winter" squash, send me an email. Also, please no seed mixes.
* There's no sign-up deadline, but all the seeds should be received by November 3. I will try to have your packages mailed back out by November 10.
* Seed packets should be labeled as commercial, or harvested/hand collected. Because cucurbits cross so readily, only send collected seed if you took steps (bagging or isolation) to maintain seed purity. Please don't send seeds you collected from a purchased fruit, they likely will not grow true.
* I'm going to set the minimum number of seeds per bag at just 7 seeds. I know this is pretty low, but some of these large squash seeds only have 10-15 per packet when you buy them commercially. If you have a very rare and interesting squash that you'd like to share but only have a few seeds, email me and I may make an exception to the minimum.
* Please include no more than 3 bags per variety and no more than 30 bags total. Anything beyond that will be considered extras. If you have something extremely rare or in high demand, email me and I might make an exception to the 3 bag rule.
* Please put your GW name on the seed packet. This will ensure that you don't receive your own seeds back. Also include the year the seeds were purchased or collected and whether they are commercial or hand harvested.
* Seeds should be no older than 2010.
* And last but not least, please use a bubble envelope and include a return address label, and enough postage, for the return trip. It seems like bubble envelopes are requiring four first class stamps these days. I'll resuse your bubble envelope, so no need to send another.
* Please email me if you'd like to join and I'll send you my address to mail your seeds. It would be great if you could send me your seed list and wish list via email so I can plan my sorting ahead of time. If you have a preference for a category of squash, you can let me know too, and I'll do my best to sort the seeds accordingly (i.e. - if you prefer moschatas or maximas or gourds or green pumpkins, etc.)
Feel free to ask any questions you may have and let me know if you think I've forgotten anything important!
I'm looking forward to a fun swap!