Coaches are the highest paid employees in 37 states!

tobr24u(z6 RI)September 26, 2013

This surely is an outrage and makes me wonder about where we are headed as a culture. In my state it is the university's basketball coach. How about your state?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobr24u(z6 RI)

That should have read public employee...

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 5:11AM
rob333

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Americans value athletes over everything else. Putting money (where their mouths are!) into coaches instead of lagging school systems, doesn't surprise me. Does it surprise you?

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 8:50AM
david52_gw

And the NFL is a non-profit organization that doesn't pay income tax.

"The league, which represents the 32 teams that make up the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference, is classified as a trade association and currently enjoys 501(c)(6) status, a designation reserved for business leagues. While the individual league teams are for-profit ventures, the league itself pays no corporate taxes because it does not technically make a profit -- this despite reporting revenue of more than $255 million in 2011. (As a nonprofit, the NFL must direct this revenue back into its operating budget, but there is no stopping it from doing so by way of exorbitant executive salaries.)"

As in Roger Goodell makes $29,500,000 a year.

These are the 'makers', not 'takers' and deserve to have their personal taxes cut because they're makers not takers.

Even thought most of the stadiums are heavily subsidized by the tax payers and all the associated infrastructure is payed by the public, and the teams often blackmail the municipalities into building them new, $400 million stadiums. With lots of sky boxes for corporate bigwigs.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 10:05AM
labrea_gw

Put the Cult back in KULCHA

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
William Stafford poems
“The Way It Is”: There’s a thread you follow....
marshallz11
Ben Carson Clown for all Seasons
Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon and potential...
labrea_gw
Local (USA) is nothing if we can't compete internationally
I started to comment on the "Dinosaurs are bad"...
steve2416
A wonderful man left us last week
Father Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame dies at age...
Jmc101 z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™