Keep rabbits out of yard (not garden)

Ellusionz(9)August 22, 2013

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find a good idea for keeping rabbits out of an entire half acre yard, not just a small garden. I let my dogs out tonight and usually they are running up and down the fence line about a bunny on the other side. But this time I found them cornering one and I had to drag them away.

Is there a certain type of noise they can hear that won't bother my neighbors at night I could try to ring to scare them off before the terrible two's go out? Or would I have to go to the extent of doubling up my fence with smaller hole wire fencing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ericwi

I'm not sure why you want to keep the rabbits out of your yard, but there is a way if you are determined to do this. They can't stand the smell of rotting flesh. You can purchase a bag of "blood meal" from the nearest "feed 'n seed" farmers co-op, and make some piles of this in strategic places. The piles can be covered with a layer of shredded tree leaves, to hold the moisture. As the blood meal rots, it will begin to stink, and the bunnies will go elsewhere. No doubt your dogs will be in heaven. This method also works against deer, I am told.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Birds wasting the milo in my bird feeders
I am new to feeding and attracting wild birds to my...
wasabi_VA
first post - bird food that sparrows dont eat?
Hi, This is my 1st post here! Can you guys recommend...
kris2001
The Midwest Strikes Back!
Today I have the extreme pleasure of watching about...
Leafhead
Good squirrel proof feeder..
Hello, I'm looking to replace a Yankee Flipper Squirrel...
shw104
Juncos Eating Ironweed Seed
There are a half dozen or so Juncos eating the Tall...
kelp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™