ID Help Needed Please

keilamarie(z5 Mass)September 4, 2005

Hello,

I thought briefly that this might be poison ivy but it has too many leaves. The first picture is of the spot in question because I would like to know a good way to remove it too, once I know it won't harm me.

Thanks so much,

Keilamarie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judy_B_ON(Ontario 5B)

May be one of the Spikenards, a native plant that flowers and has berries. It is an attractive plant in a woodland garden. What are your plans for the area? If a native woodland planting is in the cards, then add other woodlanders to the area and do not remove the spikenard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spikenard pictures.

Bookmark   September 4, 2005 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keilamarie(z5 Mass)

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have to spend some time reading on the woodlands garden forum to learn what it is. Not only am I a new gardner but working with a blank canvas! I have just started to carve out some flower beds. I have already planted butterfly bushes, a native shrub that I don't know the name of lol,hydrangea, bee balm, and some other stuff, the mountain laurel is doing well, but everything else is just getting started. We have also carved out a path through the woods. So I can plant things there but have little knowledge of shade plants besides hostas.

So, I'm overwhelmed but happy!!! We finally picked a border of rocks so all the beds will match! I'll keep the plants good to know I already have at least something growing :)

Bookmark   September 4, 2005 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
Best organic solutions
Hello, Any advice on the best things to buy to address...
tigger033
What is the name of this ugly ivy growing in my yard???!!!?
Its almost all over my lawn well in the bk yard its...
ashleyq2222
thistle help
For the last few years i have been battling thistles...
violet14
Weed Identification Kern River Valley, CA
Hoping some folks might be able (willing) to help me...
nexev - Zone 8b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™