ID Help Needed Please

keilamarie(z5 Mass)September 4, 2005

Hello,

I thought briefly that this might be poison ivy but it has too many leaves. The first picture is of the spot in question because I would like to know a good way to remove it too, once I know it won't harm me.

Thanks so much,

Keilamarie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judy_B_ON(Ontario 5B)

May be one of the Spikenards, a native plant that flowers and has berries. It is an attractive plant in a woodland garden. What are your plans for the area? If a native woodland planting is in the cards, then add other woodlanders to the area and do not remove the spikenard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spikenard pictures.

Bookmark   September 4, 2005 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keilamarie(z5 Mass)

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have to spend some time reading on the woodlands garden forum to learn what it is. Not only am I a new gardner but working with a blank canvas! I have just started to carve out some flower beds. I have already planted butterfly bushes, a native shrub that I don't know the name of lol,hydrangea, bee balm, and some other stuff, the mountain laurel is doing well, but everything else is just getting started. We have also carved out a path through the woods. So I can plant things there but have little knowledge of shade plants besides hostas.

So, I'm overwhelmed but happy!!! We finally picked a border of rocks so all the beds will match! I'll keep the plants good to know I already have at least something growing :)

Bookmark   September 4, 2005 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
How To Get Rid of Weeds Around Plants/Flowers?
OK, I'm sure this has been addressed over and over,...
Claire_from_Michigan
Idea for homemade herbicide: think it'll work?
So I have been brewing kombucha at home. A bunch of...
irjowo99
what is this weed seed?
Found these seeds in a package of red lentils grown...
Okanagan
What is this in my garden?
I recently removed a plant from my garden and underneath...
Mustard06
Poor Man's Weed Barrier
I need to block weeds and grass from popping up from...
jeff_leites
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™