Heavy equipment

Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)September 3, 2013

"I think I need to bulldoze this and start over..." Sure people talk about it, but how often do you see it in action? Burned-out shell of a house is being demolished today, with accompanying weed patch in the back yard, in its' 3rd year of not being mowed... More pics later...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Yesterday morning, time for this burned-out shell of a former house to GO.

Big yellow thing knocked it down, and put it, scoop by scoop, into the big truck.

Including the sad remnants of an old shed on the other side of the fence.

This morning, the tractor mower came to clear away the rest of the overgrowth in the back. I asked them to please leave the fig tree there and they did. It makes shade on our dog house and we just got a chain saw, so DH will clean up the bottom a bit so it looks more presentable.

Obviously this isn't killing anything, but it will be able to stay mowed now. No more living next to wild wilderness weeds! Should help with the mosquito problem too.

Hope this helps with those fantasies that folks sometimes have about getting rid of a bit patch of weeds... what would it be like if...? It sure was cool to watch!

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 9:37AM
florauk(8/9)

Well that's pretty decisive gardening. Reminds me of one of my favourite double entendre signs.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 4:49PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Yeah, none of it was my decision, it just happened close enough to watch. Great free entertainment! I forgot to say above how satisfying it was to watch the big yellow thing pull up giant privets around the back like picking daisies. (Sorry, no offense, they're not as great here as there, as I'm sure you know.) Unfortunately azaleas and Gardenias went the same way, but that's just how it goes for this kind of situation. (I'd already snagged what I could that I wanted over there, this was expected, just not known what day it would happen.)

Love that sign, I snagged a copy! So, in lieu of the heavy work of clicking...

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Parsley-looking weed?
I planted a bunch of herb seeds in my tiny urban backyard...
Hilary224
How To Get Rid of Weeds Around Plants/Flowers?
OK, I'm sure this has been addressed over and over,...
Claire_from_Michigan
What is this in my garden?
I recently removed a plant from my garden and underneath...
Mustard06
Weeding raised beds
My husband was being treated for cancer last fall and...
jpc57
Poor Man's Weed Barrier
I need to block weeds and grass from popping up from...
jeff_leites
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™