Forsythia blooming? in fall?

hornedone(23120)October 20, 2007

Oct 21 and i have shrubs blooming that normal i only bloom in spring.Forsythia is one of them.Parts are in bloom but not the

whole plant.Out of 30 or more bushes i would say 10 are in partial bloom,I keep watering them.There is a bush with very small white flowers on it.Again this bush flowers in spring only.This bush is in partial bloom too.I do not know the name of this bush.I will take some pics and post it for identification.Do any of you have the same going on in Virginia area specifically in Richmond Virginia??Any answers why are spring blooming bushes blooming in the fall ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loris(Z6 NJ)

I haven't had it this year, but many times during a mild fall I'll have forsythia and flowering quince get some blooms. It doesn't seem to do any harm to what happens in the spring.

Lori

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 9:53AM
clumsygrdner

Yeah, I get that every year on my forsythia. Sometimes they get blooms in midwinter during the briefest warm spell.

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 8:12PM
milanvermes_msn_com

1 month later and they are still blooming,but only the ones that were blooming more then 30 days ago.Last week temperature
in early morning reached 34 F yet they in partial bloom.Not many blooms that is.

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 3:40PM
woodthrush(z4PA)

Ours still had it foliage and some blooms too up until last Sunday when we got 10 inches of snow. Now today, it's 68 degrees and supposed to drop to 35 over night. Crazy weather for sure.

Bookmark   November 22, 2007 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Favorite Shrub or Tree for attracting Wildlife and Why
What have you planted in your back yard that attracts...
Mike Larkin
shrews in my house
Hi everyone! I'm new to the gardenweb. I have a question...
NJdragonfly
Goldfinches and plants
Okay, after a few years of waiting impatiently, the...
tracey_nj6
Juncos Eating Ironweed Seed
There are a half dozen or so Juncos eating the Tall...
kelp
What is the name of this bush?
I saw this blooming bush in Shoreline Park in Mt. View,...
ger45ti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™