Anyone know about Edgeworthia?

seachelleleeJanuary 19, 2010

Hello,

I have an Edgeworthia plant that has had buds for several months. I know they carry their buds until January/February, so I'm not worried about that. None of the buds have opened yet, but today when I went to check on them, I noticed that one bud cluster is losing some of its individual flowers. They're just dropping off. Some of the flowers looked yellowish, and I noticed a grayish spot on one. What is this? We've had cold weather, but nothing lower than what this bush is supposed to be able to take. It's been warm the past two days, and it rained pretty hard on Saturday and Sunday. I'm wondering if it's too much water. Is there anything I can do to save the other buds? The rest of the buds look good - it's just two bud clusters that look sketchy. Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taxonomist(7b VA)

I don't believe the condition that you describe is of any consequence. My Edgeworthis has about nine years and has shown the condition you describe several times; it appears to be confined to one or two branches. Too much water will indeed disrupt normal growth. Here in central Virginia we have experienced rainfall much above nornal and I have noticed the same condition that you describe. Just have another beer and relax; it will correct itself.

Bookmark   February 8, 2010 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Is it too late for a winter vegetable garden?
I have a green house that I'm planning on heating and...
GreenFire
When to put mulch around roses and other perennials
I live in Toronto (Markham area). Currently temperature...
sdraza1
Guidance on problem with cold frame
Hi all, I'm trying to use a cold frame for the first...
david_meek
Cold Frame in 7A-Suggestions?
Hello all, I'm about to throw together a cold frame....
arborardor
Arborvitae planting in the winter
As many already know, the cold came much earlier this...
plasmo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™