The best kind of 'snow' for this time of year:

John_D(USDA 8b WA)March 17, 2003

White plum blossoms.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yeona_sky

Gorgeous, John and so nice to have something snowy looking in our clime. I mostly have pink blooming Camellias and Viburnums, and yellow daffodiles in my garden right now. I think I need some white.
Yeona

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 3:34PM
John_D(USDA 8b WA)

Yup. Our real snow a week ago lasted all but three hours. It didn't slow down any of the blossoms. But I don't mind. My 'Yoshino" cherry has just started blooming, and my 'Mt. Fuji' cherries are about to -- more snowy white of my favorite kind coming up.

(On one of my favorite spring visits to Vancouver, the cherry petals had just fallen and downtown streets were white with drifting "snow" -- absolutely gorgeous!)

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 8:33PM
jennifer21

A few months later, also zone 8ish, but in England: I finally understand cherry blossom time eg Japan or Vancouver. Two of my daughter's friends and I had a 'snow' ball fight under a double cherry tree- shaking the branches to make a snowstorm, throwing blossomballs at each other, making blossom angels on the ground. Magical.

Bookmark   May 18, 2003 at 5:28PM
yeona_sky

Our white and pink blossoms have already fallen and I agree it is magical. I love the picture you painted of a petal snowstorm and throwing blossomballs. It sounds fun and much warmer than real snow. :)

Yeona

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 3:11AM
More Discussions
my winter container veggie garden
Collards, Swiss Chard, Kale, and Red Sails Lettuce,...
ka0ttic
Zone 7B Atlanta Winter Plants
We are in Zone 7B in the Atlanta, GA area. We are mostly...
mickeyw3340
greenhouse placement
I bought a small walk-in plastic greenhouse from big...
letsharmonize
When to put mulch around roses and other perennials
I live in Toronto (Markham area). Currently temperature...
sdraza1
Edgeworthia chrysantha
Hello, I have recently bought and planted a Edgeworthia...
sfcrumley
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™