Upright columnar hedge suggestions?
I would like to plant a screen along my property line to hide the neighbor's ugly garage from view. I'm looking for suggestions of what type of trees/shrubs would work well in my situation which is:
- hedgerow should be no more than 4-5 feet "thick"
- looking for columnar growth habit without having to shape or prune all the time
- About 15-20 feet tall maximum, 6-8 feet minimum
- soil is silt loam/clay, drains pretty well for what it is
- site is in full to part sun
- plants must be hardy in southern Wisconsin, borderline zone 4 and 5
Thanks a lot for any suggestions you may have!