catalogs

SEWigardnut(5)January 19, 2007

Has anyone ever bought from Inter-state nurseries? I was just wondering because I just got a catalog from them and was wondering about their plants and service.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wirosarian_z4b_WI

I've never bought from them but have received their catalog many times also. Are you familiar with the website davesgarden.com? If not, go there & click on the "garden watch dog" tab, you can then find info on how well customers are satisfied with mail order nurseries. Inter-state gets a really bad review: 3 positives, 2 nuetrals & 49 negatives.

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 12:04PM
justaguy2(5)

While I don't always place much stock in the reviews, 3 positives to 49 negatives is pretty horrible. You pretty much have to earn that kind of rating.

Bookmark   January 20, 2007 at 12:38AM
chaz_wi

I have ordered from them, and I'm convinced Interstate and a number of other mail order companies are in fact one and the same. I think they're all in Bloomington, Illinois, the photos/depictions of plants are identical, the prices are all equally cheap.

I think they are mediocre at best. That said, I've had success with a number of the nursery plants they've sent me. For the low prices they offer, even if half of the plants croak, the savings are significant. From last year, the carnations, creeping phlox, English daisies, and mother-of-thyme that I planted all grew and seem to be pretty robust.

Bookmark   January 29, 2007 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
Lilacs
I am writing for my cousin who is not on Garden Web,...
thonotorose
Raspberries ran a muck!
We just bought a home which has a 16x16' fencened in...
Cheyenne10
Trout Lily.. dig up or keep?
We moved into our first home in August 2013, so all...
mandasannie
Lilac varieties
Hi, I am totally clearing a side lotline between two...
l_klink
Hardy Hibiscus Moy Grande Mallow
Would like to buy a plant southern WI. or Northern...
hawkeye840
Sponsored Products
Matera 6-Drawer Dresser
Design Within Reach
Wood Stand for Shoe Storage Boxes
$29.50 | FRONTGATE
PlateBowlCup Soup Bowl -Set of 4 by Alessi
$46.00 | Lumens
Illuminating Experiences | Bath Catalog H1430
$254.25 | YLighting
Victoria Vertical Wall-Mount Mailbox
Signature Hardware