Gardener's film?

sheryl77August 22, 2011

I want to start covering a garden bed to extend my growing season. What kind of plastic or film do I need to put over the structure? Just knowing the term would help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Investigate "cold frame" and see if that's what you're after.

    Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 9:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here are some terms that are used:
agricultural plastic
poly film
greenhouse plastic
Polyethylene greenhouse film

Look at how long it's supposed to last, UV protection, thickness, and anti-condensation treatments.

    Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 8:35AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Window boxes in the winter
I recently purchased my house and am completely new...
OVERWINTERING? (Better title??)
Does anyone overwinter plants from their gardens or...
Fall / Winter veggies in a straw bale garden?
I have had success using the straw bale garden method...
When to put mulch around roses and other perennials
I live in Toronto (Markham area). Currently temperature...
Is it too late for a winter vegetable garden?
I have a green house that I'm planning on heating and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™