My Daffodils are popping up!

KatFebruary 4, 2006

Wednesday I took a walk around my gardens. I noticed that my daffs were coming up. They're not very high, maybe a couple of inches, but they're popping up. I've watched the weather channel and saw they we are going to have highs in the low 30's this coming week. In fact, we've had a light snow this night. I know this won't hurt them, it'll just slow them down. But I've never had them coming up this early. None of my other plants are coming up yet. Usually my irises are the 1st to pop up. They have come up in Feb. during mild winters. Does anyone else have plants popping up now?

Kat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
madisonkathy

Yep, mine are too. Of course, today, they're covered in snow.
Spring can't get here soon enough!

Bookmark   February 4, 2006 at 1:43PM
junebug1961(z5a WI)

Spring? Geez, I'm in Madison too, and I don't think we've had a decent winter in years...this winter had a promising start, but we've warmed up considerably in January. I long for some decent x-country skiing again...

Bookmark   February 4, 2006 at 10:02PM
Kat

Well Junebug, I hope you get snow, but I hope it doesn't come any further east! LOL! I have really enjoyed this winter. Right now though it's 18 out. Hopefully this 'cool' weather will pass soon! :)

Kat

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 4:56AM
homeandfriends

Hi, yes my daffodils are about 4" high and my irises are 2" high now. My hyacinths are going gangbusters too. They are all on the southfacing brick of my house, near our side door, so they come up earlier than my other bulbs every year. An early gift of spring every year, I love it.

Bookmark   March 14, 2006 at 1:08AM
sandylovesflowers(5)

I have crocus in bloom right now! ......waiting for Spring.

Sandy

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 9:16AM
Kat

Well, mine haven't grown that much since I first posted this. I do have a few irises coming up, but the tips of their leaves are brown from the cold we've had. Now we're expecting 4" of snow on Thursday with a low of 15. The earliest blooming plant I have is the perennial corydalis. Usually by mid April I have little white flowers on them. They are the 1st to bloom and the last to quit. Another month and they should be looking good. :)

Kat

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 1:41AM
More Discussions
Pruning trees
When is the best time of year to thin out a young Redbud...
Leafhead
Too early for seeds?
(Wake up! Time to stop hibernating!) It happens every...
madisonkathy
Hardy Hibiscus Moy Grande Mallow
Would like to buy a plant southern WI. or Northern...
hawkeye840
Does anyone Sale Pelargoniums in the Eau Claire Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a greenhouse around Eau Claire...
asclepchris
Bindweed Solutions
Here we go!!!! I know y'all got it somewhere..how do...
milwdave
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™