The Gem Gardens, Eau Claire

heartsease(z4a)February 12, 2011

I was wondering if anyone knew if this place was still open to the public? The botanical gardens in Wausau are sponsoring a bus trip to Eau Claire in June so we're looking for some fun places to visit. Two for sure are Klinger Farms and Witt's Hosta Garden but thought we might have time for a third.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wirosarian_z4b_WI

I don't know their current status but here is a link to their web site--there is both an email & phone # on the contact page so give that a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gem Gardens

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 7:37PM
heartsease(z4a)

Thanks, Wirosarian! I'll give them a call. That looks like a perfect place for our picnic lunch that day.

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 9:56AM
heartsease(z4a)

I talked to Deb, one of the owners the other day and they are trying to sell the property but if they don't they will be open for the season. Deb was very nice and we have permission to picnic there. Hopefully, if they do sell, someone else will be interested in keeping it open to the public too. I'm always amazed at how generous garden people are.

Bookmark   February 19, 2011 at 8:25PM
catrina

This sounds like a really fun trip. I went to the RWMonk website http://home.rwmonkgardens.org/ and read about it. They are also having a luncheon on March 19th where Richard Witt (hostas) from Witt's gardens and Nate Bremer from Solaris Farms (daylilies) will be speaking. You can sign up for that on the website.
Catrina

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
Bindweed Solutions
Here we go!!!! I know y'all got it somewhere..how do...
milwdave
Too early for seeds?
(Wake up! Time to stop hibernating!) It happens every...
madisonkathy
Artichokes in SE Wisco?
I like to try a "novelty crop" every year...
sprout.918
Trout Lily.. dig up or keep?
We moved into our first home in August 2013, so all...
mandasannie
Does anyone Sale Pelargoniums in the Eau Claire Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a greenhouse around Eau Claire...
asclepchris
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™