scionwood

imnofool(5)March 20, 2013

anybody know of where i can get some hands on experience with grafting fruit trees? also am interested in acquiring scion material and rootstocks from wisconsin area. I would like sweet cherry,pear, peach, apple, grape-(seedless). thanks. and does anybody know of a garden club in the immediate area that specializes in fruit growing? i'd appreciate info. again thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fez920(Z5)

Brown County-check with Agr Extension Service

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:48PM
imnofool(5)

thanks. i will try this resource.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:00AM
imnofool(5)

i have been busy.... raintree nursery has all of rootstocks for cherry, apple, pear available and they just got a shipment of st. julian roostock for peach as of 3-22-13- 5:00p.m. milwaukee,wis. time. burnt ridge nurseries also has rootstock available both of the above places handle individual trees and raintree gives a break with 5 or more per roostock- call them at 1-800-391-8892. plus ,there is 1 spot open for the grafting class in madison, on 3-23-13 at the olbrich botanical gardens 3330 atwood ave. madison,wis. phone # 608-246-4550

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:37PM
fez920(Z5)

imnofool: April 13-9am-12 noon-$ 2.00 fee.Good class & practice.Rootstock & Scionwood availabe'Many varieties.Brown County Extension Service- green Bay. 920-465-8512

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 3:42PM
imnofool(5)

thanks for the info. i do not know though if i can make it. know of anybody that is coming from milwaukee to split gas costs? i probably could then... (i am on limited income you see). i just got back from the madison grafting class on 3-23-13. it was really great "little john' taught the course. i got 3- b9's for apples and 2 for pear and 3 for peach.what i really want now is rootstock for the sweet cherry...

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
Soil bed prep
can I use a thick layer of compost to kill off weeds...
mcbartz
Patches of Dirt
My lawn seems to be an active mine field during the...
damando
Raspberries ran a muck!
We just bought a home which has a 16x16' fencened in...
Cheyenne10
Hi out there!
I'm a newbie gardener. This is the fourth year I've...
sarcastichousewife
Does anyone grow bougainvillea as an annual?
I purchased 2 Purple Queen bougainvillea today to grow...
mary_lu_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™