Moles tearing up my yard!!

grullablue(5)April 7, 2009

The problem started last year, and they are already starting up this year! Huge mounds in my yard, trails leading all along my house, through the back yard, along the house, down the driveway, it's terrible. My husband says moles. Amazing how these little creatures can cause such a huge mess! We have a 3 acre yard with a natural pond in the backyard surrounded by woods, and the closer to the pond you go, the worse it gets. Mowing the lawn back there last year was an absolute mess!

Is there any way to get rid of these things?? We have lived here since 1998 and until last year, have never had a problem like this. Now we have these huge dirt mound trails everywhere, not only is it a real eyesore, but I'm constantly tripping over them!

Anyone have any ideas???? I sure appreciate it! We live just outside of Madison, but I'm sure moles are everywhere! They have tried to take residence in our garage the past couple of winters, but I blocked off their entrance, I think!

Thanks!

Angie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jungseed(z4b & z2b)

I've never had problems with moles. When we moved to our house we had gophers. They were really bad on the barn hill. We got a cat from a local farmer and no more trouble. suppose I'll get in trouble now with the animal people.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
Artichokes in SE Wisco?
I like to try a "novelty crop" every year...
sprout.918
Trout Lily.. dig up or keep?
We moved into our first home in August 2013, so all...
mandasannie
Too early for seeds?
(Wake up! Time to stop hibernating!) It happens every...
madisonkathy
Lilacs
I am writing for my cousin who is not on Garden Web,...
thonotorose
Does anyone Sale Pelargoniums in the Eau Claire Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a greenhouse around Eau Claire...
asclepchris
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™