Native Cypripediums

birdboyhg(PA 6a)March 13, 2008

HI all. Im back. I'm sorry if you have already read one of my many posts, but you just never know who is going to see something, so here it is again. I am a college student working on a Cypripedium reintroduction project(im also a cyp. collector, so non natives and hybrids are also welcome). I am looking for seeds, seedlings, plants/divisions of native US cypripediums, as close to Lycoming county, PA as possible, but more of a focus on plants with native genes. Because my goal is reintroduction, I am looking for wild gened plants. I am not looking for wild plants, but Im interested in the clump your great great grandmother has in her garden that she collected from the wild 100 years ago. I am currently attempting to sprout seeds of reginae, parv parv, parv pub, acaule, and calceolus. If they sprout, I am willing to trade some of the seedlings for other seelings, plants, etc. You can also check my trade list for others. If you can't find anything, maybe we can work something else out! Thank you all very much.

Brandan

also looking for native trilliums

More Discussions
Problem With My Redbud Tree
Greetings! We planted a native Redbud this Spring,...
suzieQ_MI
Anyone had experience w/ Aralia elata?
Hello. Has anyone dealt w/the eradication of this one?...
adidas
Propagating Black-Eyed Susans from Neighbors Woods
My neighbor (my mother) has some beautiful large patches...
MotherNauresDaughter
killing the invasive yaupon!!!!
I dream of a woodland garden! I have the perfect area...
calsmom
seeds for woodlands
what kind of seed can i just throw out in woods that...
skippy_5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™