bugs look like white beans

wigardenerwannabe(Z5 WI)April 11, 2010

I keep finding a bug on my dog that looks like a white bean, and holds on to him such that they have to be pulled off gently to avoid causing bleeding. Any idea what they might be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noinwi

How long have you been in Wisconsin? Get thee to the vet for some Frontline or other tick preventive! You don't want these on your pets!

Here is a link that might be useful: tick images

Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 8:02PM
dickiefickle(5B Dousman,Wi.)

I thought my dog had a growth tumor.It kept getting bigger and bigger .then one day it fell off and I picked it up and put it on my desk snd it started crawling away.I learned something that day .Get a good flea and tick collar or Frontline or ? Mine looked just like row 2 picture 1 in the link.

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 2:53AM
wigardenerwannabe(Z5 WI)

Thanks for that feedback. I did a google search after I posted this and realized that they were tics. I guess I had never seen photos of them engorged, as I thought they looked much smaller and black. He now has Frontline on him and I realize I will need to be very careful when working in the garden to protect myself!

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 7:33PM
noinwi

Yup, the only thing worse than a tick stuck on your dog is a tick stuck on you! I've had that happen a time or two. Too bad they don't make a 'Frontline' product for humans, LOL.

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 9:53PM
jungseed(z4b & z2b)

If we could use Frontline or somethng like it, I'd be right at the front of the line with you.

Bookmark   April 13, 2010 at 11:21AM
elvis

me, too. I found a site that is much cheaper than my vet. Email me if you want the addy--

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 11:40AM
northerndaylily(z3b-4a)

"If we could use Frontline or somethng like it, I'd be right at the front of the line with you"

I'm not one to reach for chems... yet.. how much of this 'Frontline' do you suppose your system takes in with a pet living in the house.. or your handling of your pet/s?

Your not being real if you think the amount is nothing....

Then the Q becomes.. at what level is this "safe" for humans...? Whatever "safe" is...... something very often loosely addressed via the large corps.. and the sleeping FDA
which is nearly non functional.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Lilacs
I am writing for my cousin who is not on Garden Web,...
thonotorose
Gardening Help For Wedding
Hello, I am looking for some help with choosing plants...
Hexan
Hi out there!
I'm a newbie gardener. This is the fourth year I've...
sarcastichousewife
Hardy Hibiscus Moy Grande Mallow
Would like to buy a plant southern WI. or Northern...
hawkeye840
Evil Neighbors Killing Plants w/ Roundup
Help! It's true. I live in a condo development with...
Temmie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™