Flowers not blooming

cliff_shield(8)June 25, 2012

I bought a pot of assorted flowers called Confetti Garden-Hawaiian Luau by Red Fox and put it in a large pot very early this spring. They bloomed beautifully for almost 2 months. Now that the weather has turned hot-almost 100 degrees the last several days, the flowers have compeletely stopped blooming and some of the plant is starting to turn brown. I uploaded a picture just to show what they looked like when I bought them. now there are very few, if any blooms. This started happening about 5 days ago. I don't want to lose these gorgeous flowers! In fact I bought another pot of them because my wife and I like them so much! I water them thoroughly every day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Cliff, the flowers may be assorted colors but they are all calibrachoa's .........a wonderful little plant that I have been growing for a number of years. They can never dry out at all, especially with the intense heat. Try keeping your new ones in filtered sun and perhaps checking to see if they may need water twice a day. I lost a hanging basket this year due to workers having a big fan blowing on it. At least, I am pretty sure I cannot revive it. Good luck with the new ones, they are very worth the extra effort.

Bookmark   June 25, 2012 at 10:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debndal(8a DFW, TX)

I've used this plant many years before too. I have it underplanted in a potted rose, which shades it somewhat in this heat so still looking good. If you are watering every day now you might think about hitting it with 1/2 or 1/4 strength miracle grow every few days. If they got brown and crispy those might be goners, but those that are still green might have just run out of gas and need a boost.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
Carrie's Snow Pictures from this Morning ...
Carrie lives a little north of Dallas. She says "And...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Carrie: Cardinals Prefer Sun to Eating ...
Carrie says: "Due to a second snow fall we had...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Some Serious Spines ...
These look like some serious spines! But I love their...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Favorite plants?
As a relatively new Texas gardener, I'm curious: what's...
intxfromoregon
San Antonio Gardeners Swap: Free
For more details please join us online. FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RevolutionGreenSeedBank/ Greetings...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™