using chlorothalonil in hot weather, need quick reply
We're leaving town for a week tomorrow, and I have to decide whether to spray chlorothalonil tomorrow morning before we leave (hopefully after that plants dry, but before the temps get in the 90's) -- or whether to let the early blight really take hold.
This week's temps will be in the low to mid 90's (located in southwestern Ohio). I'm wondering if spraying them will hurt them, even though it will be hot, if I do it in the early morning.
I've had signs of early blight the last few weeks, and have put down weed block as a soil barrier, caged the plants, and trimmed off any leaves/stems with any sign of disease. I sprayed last Wednesday with Ortho Garden Disease, really getting each plant thoroughly, but still had to prune some more foliage this morning -- it was too hot to spray when I got done. I didn't have to prune them severely, I'm hoping to not pull any plants.
The new foliage looks healthy, and they're beginning to set fruit.
Thanks for any information about using chlorothalinol in hot weather!