Too many trees down, so sad

gardennut57April 19, 2005

I drove past the house we sold last spring, which was on a wooded lot. I was warned by a former neighbor, and was heartbroken to see how many trees they have cut down. I know it's not mine anymore, but why buy a wooded lot and then cut down over a dozen big healthy trees. All the years it takes for nature to do its work, and all the years I spent learning about woodland growth and habits, destroyed so someone can put in fake landscaping. To me that is not what gardening is about.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
YewTree(south-east)

what trees where they?

Bookmark   April 20, 2005 at 7:39AM
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

That is sad. Can't do that here. You need a permit signed by a certified arborist to take down any tree w/ trunk over 12" in diameter. Tree has to be diseased or some other very good reason for taking 'em down.

Bookmark   April 20, 2005 at 10:10AM
sunrmsilly(z5 nwIL)

I don't understand why so many people want to take down perfectly good trees so they can have more grass to cut. Our friends are trying to get us to cut down some beautiful trees with such big trunks I can't get my arms all the way around. They say they are too close to my house. I can't bear to think of them gone so plan to have only some branches taken out.

Bookmark   April 20, 2005 at 4:17PM
More Discussions
White trillium
Is there an online source for Great White Trilliums? Thank...
redspruce
Nut identification
A women on my postal route has a tree that I thought...
jreist
seeds for woodlands
what kind of seed can i just throw out in woods that...
skippy_5
Poison Sumac Tree
Is this a poison sumac tree by chance? My woods appear...
mrwillya
What to Do with Wild Brambles?
In my wooded areas, I have a lot of brambles, mostly...
redsun9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™