Seeds-n-Stitches: The Finale

dan_the_mailmanOctober 27, 2012

A few years ago a bunch of us here in the round robin forum realized that, in addition to being addicted to swapping seeds, plants, and a bit of mayhem, we also liked to quilt. Within a few weeks, I, along with Linda Ruzicka, founded the group Seeds-n-Stitches. We've traded material, quilt blocks, laughs, tears, and yes, a bit of mayhem. People have come and go, and then come back again.

It's been a fantastic time.

Over the past 6 months or so, the number of people participating in our swaps has greatly dwindled. Linda and I have decided to make Melissa's swap the last one. Once her swap is finished, Seeds-n-Stitches will officially be done.

Earlier this year we discussed giving 2013 a theme, and intended to come together to make ourselves a house-themed quilt for ourselves. Linda may still head up that project if she has the time, but that will be entirely up to her to decide. With everything else she has going on, I don't see it happening, but things do change. If she decides to head up that project she'll post here in the threads and let everyone know. In the meantime, Seeds-n-Stitches is now disbanded.

A big "thank you" to everyone who has participated in any of the S-n-S swaps, it's been a lot of fun.

-Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_the_mailman

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:43PM
bev2009(6 IN)

Dan, it has been a lot of fun for the past 1 1/2 years I have been a part of it. A big thank you to Linda and you for all you have done to make the group fun and keep it going. It seems like several of the forums I occasionally lurk on are having a lot less activity right now. I don't know why that is, but there is a cycle for everything. Blessings to everyone and I hope to see you all pop up from time to time on other forums.
Bev

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 12:00AM
sandlapper_rose(Zone 8)

I'm sorry to see that the group is disbanding, but I guess that means my December will not be nearly so busy now (I was to be hostess for December) and we all know how hectic that month gets.
There have been some great people involved in this group and I hope we all see each other in other GardenWeb Swaps! Thanks for all your hard work up to this point to keep the group fun and interesting.

Jeanne

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 10:29PM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

Dan, Thanks for all your work over the years.
bb

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 8:22AM
smitties

I am sorry to see your group go. Not being a quilter, I was not able to join in. I even considered learning how to do it but realty hit that I would just not have the time needed and I tend to leave most projects unfinished anyway.

I myself am not sure why participation in the swaps is beginning to dwindle but I hope things begin to improve.

Hope to see you all around GW. Margo

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:59AM
dan_the_mailman

Thanks everyone. I don't know why participation in all the forums is dwindling, but perhaps it's just part of some cycle and will increase soon. If you like, you can catch me on facebook, and I'll still be lurking around this forum and the quilting forum. Take care, and be well...

Dan & Co.

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
Herb & Edible Flower Swap
Happy first day of spring, everyone! Spring is a time...
EricaBraun
WiLlY NiLlY AnYtHiNg GoEs SuPrIsE SwAp
Welcome to the 2nd annual willy nilly anything goes...
sunsetfarm
UPDATE: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap (Pt 2)
We all survived Christmas, but now it's time to get...
EricaBraun
NEW: New Year's Theme Swap
It's that time of year for New Beginnings and a fresh...
mcc371
NEW: Big one time seed swap
Big One Time seed swap. Everything from Flowers to...
suzydaze
Sponsored Products
Ibiza Outdoor Sofa Cover
$119.50 | FRONTGATE
Zara Large Pendant
Lightology
Safavieh Morrocan 18-inch Embroidered Blue Decorative Pillows (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Elegant Embrace Black 3' 11" x 5' 7"
Home Depot
Estel | Divina Chair, Cross Base
YLiving.com
Dushi Push n Play Activity Walker - 21850
$74.55 | Hayneedle
Mini-Isla Low Voltage Pendant
LBC Lighting
Melbourne wool blanket - soft pink
Origin Crafts
People viewed this after searching for: