Have people started tomatoes yet?

bananastandMay 29, 2013

I live in Baraboo... got my tomatoes on Saturday but was afraid to put them in with all the rain and cold weather over the weekend.... then this week there have been severe storms predicted almost daily. I'm waiting until Saturday. Who else is behind?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_h(Zone 4-b)

I started all my seeds in April (which is late for me) and I haven't planted yet. But I plant mostly warm weather crops now since I learned the hard way NOT to plant too early.

My rule up here is to plant around June 1st. And on that day, everything will go in; tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, bush beans, herbs and some chard. If it all grows...good. If not...oh well...

Hoping for a better growing season this year.

Donna

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 10:21PM
bananastand

Thanks, glad to hear I'm not alone! I also need to wait for a spell of dry weather so I can put down some Repels All, otherwise all the marauding squirrels in my yard will just nip the plants down to the ground.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 10:48AM
donna_h(Zone 4-b)

Does that Repels All really work? I'm so tempted to get some since the rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, moles, woodchucks and birds think of my garden as their own personal buffet! Last year I actually caught one chewing down on the stalk of one of my tomato plants and then dragging it away...ughh! I understand that they have to eat too, but c'mon now...at least have the courtesy of leaving some for the 'help'...lol ;-)

Donna

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 11:58AM
ericwi

Our tomatoes were planted a week ago, and they are looking OK, despite the cool weather. We have had some rabbit damage to the broccoli and kale, but so far they have left the tomatoes alone.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 1:38PM
artgardenllc

I heat my greenhouse in the middle in of winter in Wisconsin with a natural gas heater. Watch my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvSb9bXj2B0

Bookmark   November 21, 2013 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Gardening Help For Wedding
Hello, I am looking for some help with choosing plants...
Hexan
Raspberries ran a muck!
We just bought a home which has a 16x16' fencened in...
Cheyenne10
Does anyone Sale Pelargoniums in the Eau Claire Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a greenhouse around Eau Claire...
asclepchris
buckthorn brush
Hi, I'm new here and new to Wisconsin. I recently noticed...
kplusonline
wanted weeping willow tree cuttings
Does anyone have a tree that I can get some cuttings? I...
happytomato2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™