pinkster help

lhmkc(z3NY)May 31, 2007

I had a small pinkster blooming in the backyard and some neighborhood kids took a baseball bat to it and some ferns

What I need to know is if I take the broken pieces of the pinkster can they be rooted? and how do I go about rooting them? I hate when ppl of any age have no respect for the precious things growing I have a severely abused village wooded lot with some great treasures growing like trillium, lady slipper, solomons seal, ferns, vinca, and this pinkster

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

Wow! And I thought these stinkin' squirrels and cats were a problem. My heart goes out to you.

I used to work at an azalea nursey and we did all our propagating by soft wood cuttings in the spring and summer so it can be done. We just put them in flats and covered with plastic for a few weeks. I know people bag them and hang them on their curtains (what the?) too.

Here is a site that gives the details.

Also comisserate here. Most of the posts seem to be from those with diseased or dying azaleas but I actually think yours will come back if there is anything left of it. Be sure and give those kids' parents some of the rooted cuttings next year.

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
killing the invasive yaupon!!!!
I dream of a woodland garden! I have the perfect area...
calsmom
Propagating Black-Eyed Susans from Neighbors Woods
My neighbor (my mother) has some beautiful large patches...
MotherNauresDaughter
What to Do with Wild Brambles?
In my wooded areas, I have a lot of brambles, mostly...
redsun9
Invasive Cleaning
I figure the climate in the east is so favorable to...
redsun9
Woodland Graden
We have acquired a property with wooded backyard,for...
nightmart
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™