A Little History Is Right

labrea_gwSeptember 5, 2012

When I started out years ago ranting for basic civil rights I never imagined the continual mention of Equality at a Presidential Convention.

Tammy Duckworth mentioned the repeal of DADT last night to applause...applause (really) yes Joe that really happened. I've waited for 40 years fro something like this.

Now for you Republithings ( I got Mrs Romney's real marriage reference last week) smug B was the first thing that shot out of my mouth I'mm match my relationship against hers any day)

To hear a continued commitment to dignity & equality last night made this queer feel good, feel like an US citizen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Real marriage my ass

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

My heart breaks for the Party, but not as much as it does for the citizens who are being marginalized by the fringe. I am sorry! They're wrong. So wrong, I wrote my blog about how people need to quit condemning others and love. It's on a Christian site. And other Christians agreed. It's what I keep hearing in church, that it's time to love and heal the hurt. I know that "real" Christians, aren't saying what the fringe is saying. They're just louder. It aint fittin' what they're doing to the moral fabric of our great society. Makes me ultra-sad!

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 9:44AM
maggie2094

That is so powerful, Joe!

Forward! Feels good to be on the right side of history so long over due and not be in the wigs.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 11:08AM
labrea_gw

Zach Wahls will be an upcoming speaker! His speech below is beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Zach Wahls

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 11:08AM
marquest(z5 PA)

I do not understand the judgmental attitude of people.

Rob that is the difference....."real" Christians There are many that say they are Christian but do not know it is more than a name.

He was great Joe.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 12:54PM
jodik_gw

Another public mention... Barney Frank was congratulated on his recent nuptials by a reporter who spoke with him briefly at the convention. It was nice to see that no one was the least bit discombobulated by the mention. And Barney looked happy. :-)

Some things are changing for the better.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
And now Gov. Walker - is it "pile on the President" week?
Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don't know’ whether Obama...
momj47
Swallow This
More another slam than a hot topic! "An Idaho...
labrea_gw
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
Living in terror in the Middle East - ISIL kidnapping Christians
ISIS Continues Its Assault on Christianity With Latest...
momj47
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™