Where in Wisconsin Part 2

upnort(4)September 22, 2008

I tried to post on this but its full so Im starting a second page.

Im in Mercer The Loon Capital of Wisconsin. Thats half an hour away from Hurley and a few steps more to Michigan.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosta-haven

I live in DeForest, 15 minutes north of East Towne Mall in Madison. Because my 1/2 acre plot is mostly shade with Wisconsin's largest black cherry tree, I collect hostas! I now have almost 260 varieties of hosta and almost 400 hostas in total.

Char

Bookmark   November 11, 2008 at 4:20PM
littlelabboy(3b)

Arbor Vitae/Woodruff. I moved there 10 years ago from the U.P. I have a small vege plot surrounded by towering pines, not so towering oaks, and a handful of maples. Not much sunlight but plently of compost material.

Paul

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 3:23AM
maderb(WI. z3/4)

Schofield, WI. Here........................

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 6:55PM
garden4bees(z4 WI)

I am in Eau Claire, WI and getting anxious for the Winter Gardening Seminar by the Master Gardeners called Ready, Set, Grow..... It will be held February 7, 2009 at the Auditorium in Chippewa Valley Technical College. For more information contact the UW Extension for Eau Claire County 715-839-4712
or the website is www.eauclairemastergardeners.com

Bookmark   January 24, 2009 at 2:52PM
sharoncl(z5 WI)

I am in Franklin, WI, a suburb just south of Milwaukee. I'm brand new to GardenWeb and pretty new to gardening too, so any help/suggestions are much appreciated. At my old house in Milwaukee, I had inherited a pretty nice garden with lots of shade plants. All I had to do was weed occasionally. But at my new place, it's a blank slate and I'm going to be starting from scratch this spring.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 7:13PM
pkton(z5WI)

I am from Janesville. Born and raised. I grow daylilies and hosta by the 100's and what ever else I can throw in between them all!
Paula

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 12:04PM
paxmom(zone 5)

Just moved to Brodhead from Il. so I am starting over. Can't wait till spring so I can start planting. Have 2 acres to fill up.Will try my hand at a veggie garden for the fist time. If it grows I like it inside of out.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 11:03PM
lotusbudh2o(wi.5)

I live in Beloit. Got 1a 3 water gardens. Alot of gardens.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 10:21AM
josie23(5)

"I now have almost 260 varieties of hosta and almost 400 hostas in total---Wow"

Great way to take advantage of shade...Are you willing to give me your street name so I can drive by sometime this summer? I live in Dane.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 1:45PM
woodlandgal(4)

Hi! I'm new here, but have been reading for awhile. I live about 35 miles NE of Eau Claire in 15 acres of woods. I love wildlife, gardening, birding and horses.
Pat

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 4:28PM
northerndaylily(z3b-4a)

Plover Wi area. Hybridizing daylilies. The Lady of the House grows vegetables and melons for us.

Jay

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 6:44PM
ten_yr_plan

From Green Bay here. found you guys, GW WI digging online for veggie gardening info. I'm getting itchy fingers already! Also have a 10 year plan to landscape plant my yard! Can't wait to learn from all the WI locals.

Bookmark   March 5, 2009 at 1:07AM
steseaq

Hi everyone,

From Sister Bay - up in Door County. Sick of the snow and am dreaming about my garden. :) Great to find this site and so many fellow Wisconsinite's here!

Bookmark   March 5, 2009 at 3:51PM
maderb(WI. z3/4)

Schofield, WI. Here!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 5:46AM
meydon

Durand here, lots of snow in my back yard.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 10:15PM
vigilant20(5b)

I'm in West Allis

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 2:50PM
elctj(4)

Cady Township here - so small you'll never find it on a map, but it's near Menomonie. Have 40 acres of woods that I expect to spend my lifetime trying to tame. If anyone out there has experience creating woodland paths I'd appreciate any suggestions.

EJ

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 2:53PM
rosepedal(Four seasons zone4/5)

Hey northern Daylily I am in outskirts of wildrose...We are neighbors...Live on two acres have 42 all together....Two vegetable gardens this year...and all the flower beds....Barb

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 12:09PM
wildforager(5b-WI)

Hello,
I'm in Sheboygan. Feel free to check out my tradelist as I'm always looking to barter. I'll be adding onto the list occasionally or just ask if you're looking for something I don't have listed. I'm really into fruit trees lately.
Peace,
Little John

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 1:02PM
chickscleo(5)

I live in Arena...Near Spring Green....Many people tell me we are a zone 4, but I grow zone 5 plants all the time and haven't lost any of them. I have started Many plants from seed but have a few that are driving me crazy...poppies for instance. I have spread seeds for three years, all different types....Nothing. A dear friend and fellow gardener, tosses hers out and has great success. When I am done with this post I will be searching on here for a poppy guru! haha

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 9:28PM
hostalover360(4)

I'm in Clayton,Wisconsin, a small town in the west centreal part of the state, near the New Richmond/Amery area. it is called the western prairie of Wisconsin!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 12:16AM
gardensasse(5)

Madison, Wisconsin. Vegetable garden, native plants, gardening for wildlife. I like low maintenance gardening!

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
Trout Lily.. dig up or keep?
We moved into our first home in August 2013, so all...
mandasannie
Does anyone Sale Pelargoniums in the Eau Claire Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a greenhouse around Eau Claire...
asclepchris
buckthorn brush
Hi, I'm new here and new to Wisconsin. I recently noticed...
kplusonline
whats good seed for sweet corn
Last year I bought some corn seed, of course don't...
steelskies
Artichokes in SE Wisco?
I like to try a "novelty crop" every year...
sprout.918
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™