LaCrosse/LaCrescent gardeners

Rachel_WI_5(z5WI)October 15, 2008

We are planning a trip from Manitowoc to the LaCrosse area this Saturday, October 18, and if anyone seeing this post would know where we could find some Hickory Nuts I would really appreciate hearing from you. I would love to get a hickory nut tree seedling also to plant in my Manitowoc yard. We are going to be looking for apples in LaCrescent, too, besides doing some sight seeing and picture taking. I hope it isn't too late already for the beautiful fall colors. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI

Hope it was fun.

tj

Bookmark   January 24, 2009 at 7:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rachel_WI_5(z5WI)

We had a great time. I have twin daughters, one of which is the mother of two darling little girls, ages 8 and 5, and her twin, with whom I live as we gave her our house years ago. We all went in the big Suburban that the married daughter owns. We took the dog, too, who is too old and attached to us to leave home with anyone else. We tried to get up onto Granddad Bluff, but the usual way was under construction, so we passed up that trip and went to LaCrescent where we bought several different kinds of apples. We did some sight seeing and picture taking at the Minnesota Welcome Center, then drove back to LaCrosse and decided to take another route home. We found an alternate route to Granddad Bluff so we got up there anyway. We headed home on highway 33, but missed a turn somewhere and ended up in Tomah, so we took highway 21 back across the state to Manitowoc. We were really surprised at the gas mileage the Suburban got. The colors were already a little past their best, but we did get some nice pictures anyway.
I'm still hoping to find someone who has hickory nuts and possibly a hickory nut tree seedling that I could get. I'll be starting primrose seed soon and as soon as we get back from our trip to Virginia in March, I'll be starting all my tomatoes for another year. It's finally warming up a little and tonight it's raining. Looking forward to having all the snow washed away soon. It's been here way too long this year.

Bookmark   February 9, 2009 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Lilacs
I am writing for my cousin who is not on Garden Web,...
thonotorose
Evil Neighbors Killing Plants w/ Roundup
Help! It's true. I live in a condo development with...
Temmie
Patches of Dirt
My lawn seems to be an active mine field during the...
damando
Anyone trapping rabbits now to keep spring plants safe?
Where I live (suburbs) I have noticed that if I trap...
justaguy2
Garden Show in Madison this weekend
Is anybody going? what was your impression? Hope the...
hawkeye840
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™