Woo Whooo - Welcome to GW Wisconson!!!!

julie_mn(z4 MN Henn)December 11, 2005

Hello there from your neighbor in MN! I am so very happy for you all! This has been long overdue!

Congradulations to you all! Here's hoping you will all have many happy hours spent here!

Happy Gardening! And don't forget to come visit your neighbors in the MN forum!

Your neighbor-

Julie

Julie_MN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kat

Thanks Julie! I'm hoping more people from Wisconsin will see this forum. Minn. is a beautiful state too, though you get colder and a lot more snow than where I live in Wisconsin. But I figure if plants can survive by you, then they'll make it by me just fine! :)

Kat

Bookmark   December 12, 2005 at 2:26AM
periwinklez3b(z3WI)

Hi Julie and Thank You.
I lived in your great city of Minneapolis one summer--liked it very much! Loved the Minneapolis Art Institute BTW.

I'm a couple of zones colder than you and so have appreciated the chance to have this forum. Thanks again.

Bookmark   December 12, 2005 at 11:31AM
elvis

Thanks for the warm welcome, Julie. Your forum has been the closest we've had to our kind of gardening. I've lurked at Far North, but it seems to be almost exclusively Canadians, and there are trading issues. This is soooo great!

Constance.

Bookmark   December 15, 2005 at 11:09AM
luv2gro(z3a AB)

Congratulations to all of you on your own forum! Elvis and all the others, I hope we don't totally lose all of you, but I guess we have kind of taken over the Far North forum in Canada, haven't we? We do tend to deal with a lot of issues that seem to be exclusively Canadian, eh but I guess that is because, relatively speaking, we are considered Far North - although to us the Arctic Circle is the FAR North. LOL

Anyway, it is long coming for you to have your very own forum but do still drop in to FN once in awhile and say "hi".

Shauna

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 1:59PM
elvis

Merry Christmas, Shauna! I think a lot of us lurk (I know I do) on FN, but it seems to be a pretty tight group up there, and I find the idea of jumping in somewhat intimidating. Hopefully I'll get over that!

Constance.

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 3:29PM
periwinklez3b(z3WI)

Hi Shauna: I used to post regularly on Far North too but I fell in love with another site (Gardenbuddies!!) and spend most of my internet time there.
I was glad to see the suggestion made for a Wisconsin forum after I realized that I wanted to learn/share with other gardeners from my state--which has its own unique gardening . Someone made the Suggestion on "Suggestions/Comments" and I added to it and helped bump the thread up until someone from I Village responded. And they did!

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Soil bed prep
can I use a thick layer of compost to kill off weeds...
mcbartz
Bindweed Solutions
Here we go!!!! I know y'all got it somewhere..how do...
milwdave
Lilac varieties
Hi, I am totally clearing a side lotline between two...
l_klink
Hardy Hibiscus Moy Grande Mallow
Would like to buy a plant southern WI. or Northern...
hawkeye840
Evil Neighbors Killing Plants w/ Roundup
Help! It's true. I live in a condo development with...
Temmie
Sponsored Products
Ansonia Wall Sconce by Kichler
$38.00 | Lumens
Synergy Bold Stripe Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Hinkley Lighting | Harbor 2 Light Flush Outdoor Ceiling Light
$209.00 | YLighting
Home Decorators Area Rug: Ababa Dark Brown 8' x 10'
Home Depot
Trix Modular Seat by Kartell
$1,550.00 | Lumens