here we go again

junktruckJuly 17, 2012

with the entire state of Mo. declared a natural disaster and 82 counties in Ks. so far a natural disaster and the next 7 day forecast all 100+ and no rain in sight / its becoming a full time job just watering tomato plants / there looking good but dang its killin my water bill / oh well I"ll just sit in the a/c and eat tomatoes / heheheheh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harveyhorses(7 Midlothian Va)

Glad your tomatoes are making it, with a lot of your hard work. Enjoy them, and stay cool.
Is there anything better than a grown-in-your-own-garden tomato? I think I will Edit Ben Franklin, Beer and Tomatoes are proof god loves us and wants us to be happy.
Sorry I got sidetracked. Hang in there!

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 4:53PM
barnhardt9999(8a)

If there is a silver lining to this drought... maybe it will make us reconsider turning decent food (corn), scarce water and great fuel (gasoline) into low quality fuel (ethanol).

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 8:59PM
ncrealestateguy

Amen, barnhardt9999.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 10:35PM
junktruck

was woke up at 3 am this morning by thunder / but still no rain / NEW RULE !!! if it thunders its gotta rain !!!!

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 3:29PM
robeb_gw

I too heard that thunder and saw the lightning this morning.
I looked out at my plants and saw a hole in my shadecloth causing it to slip down from its stake and hit the plants. I figured that I'd better repair it before the rain came in.

Here I am at 3:00 am on a ladder repairing a hole with lightning flashing all around me. Got it fixed and headed back inside thinking to myself "bring that rain, and bring it hard". Of course it only sprinkled for about 3 minutes.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Sorry, Don't like Sungold
Contrary to popular beliefs I find them much too sweet,...
robinava
Are You Germinating Yet ?
Now that you've got all the seeds and have decided...
seysonn
Brandy Boy Contest -2015
I propose a "Brandy Boy Contest" for 2015...
hudson___wy
Please Critique Selections for 2015
My garden each year seems to expand here in N. Indiana...
hoosier318
Should I grow white tomatoes?
I have Great White seeds and already sprouted some....
shijitake
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™