Just so Paul isn't so lonely...

ironbelly1January 21, 2004

Our friend, Paul showed enough courage (Is that the right word?) to bare his written words as a sacrificial offering for us to slash away at. He told us these were his thoughts for a February article. I posted a February column that I write for our local Master Gardener newsletter on the Iowa Forum. Following in Paul's footsteps, I am mustering enough courage (Is that really the right word?) to place my article on the sacrificial altar as well. I have already spotted a punctuation typo or two. Grrrr... (See link below.)

IronBelly

Here is a link that might be useful: February Article

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eddie_ga_7a(8)

Ironbelly, You don't need any help from me. Only saw an extra comma or two but that's nothing. It's a well put together story with good images - It flowed from beginning to end.

Bookmark   January 21, 2004 at 2:19PM
acj7000

Very well written IB, with enough humour to add leven to the brew. It is evident that you write from "sod kicking" experience. My only criticism is the reference to communism that adds nothing to the general thrust and presents the only contentious issue in an otherwise pleasant read.

Bookmark   January 21, 2004 at 5:31PM
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Having a personal aversion to acronyms, I would leave out the 'TC', as the term appears only twice in your piece. Unless the term TC is all over garden magazines and informs the reader?? Good storytelling.

Bookmark   January 21, 2004 at 5:52PM
ironbelly1

It is funny that both Tony & Catkim both picked up on things that a little voice in my head mentioned to me as I wrote that article. I remember briefly pondering almost those exact thoughts. Of course, I forgot about them in the frenzy. This shows the value of an independent editor/proofreader.

IronBelly

Bookmark   January 22, 2004 at 12:16AM
Paul_OK

I'm not lonely, just intimidated:)

Nice article.

It didn't have anything to do with courage. I needed feedback. Most editors are (claim) to be too busy for actual helpful feedback. So I can only improve by being critiqued. Everyone here has done a great job without being critical.

Bookmark   January 22, 2004 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
How to get a picture book to a publisher?
I've created a picture book and am wondering how to...
lovetogarden
That Language Barrier!
I am sure that only on this forum can I pose this question...
ronalawn82
Gardening songs
My wife just sent a link to a GW page that had gardening...
jondoe888
What should I do ?
Hello ! My name is Pastora McCann and I live in Chandler,...
pmccann60
help.my grass.is dying!
Hi, I just seeded my lawn 2 monts ago it was great...
Leelu1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™