Ever seen a grown man cry

danbastropJuly 2, 2011

I am into a four year garden. It has matured quite a bit. Everthing is looking great even in this Central Texas area. I water most days by hand and sprinklers. The bambusa multiplex 'Alfonse Kerr' is all around the two acres. I have a two acre room started. I am retired and worked very intensively on this garden. I have had about 9 gardens in my life. Anyway a man comes over to the fence one day and says to me "my name is such and such and I just bought these acres next to you. I plan to build a moto cross." I didn't know what to say. My friend and I have moved to a new place that has restrictions. We are both seniors and like quite. Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chena(z8 Texas)

A Moat? I'm confused

Kylie

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 4:08PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Dan, so sorry that happened. I take it from your last two sentences that you've already moved. Do you have a new garden started? I hope so.

Kylie, moto cross is an off road motor cycle racing track. I probably wouldn't have known either except I have family that rides motor cycles.

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 4:26PM
granburyflowergirl(7)

How sad! I know I almost cried when a thoughtless renter moved in next door and let her dog bark at me non-stop every minute I was out in the garden. I bought earplugs and a bark stop machine to no avail. I finally gave up gardening. Thankfully she moved after a year and most of the garden survived the temporary abandonment.

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 5:05PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

So sorry, Dan, as I, too, like peace and quiet (most gardeners do). As Roselee said, it looks as if you have already moved........were you able to take any of your plants with you?? I hope so and good luck to you in your efforts to get another garden going.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 9:01AM
chena(z8 Texas)

I got ya.. I read it wrong I thought it said moat!! DUH??
I'd cry too!!!!

Kylie

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 11:45AM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

A moat across ... lol! Your mind was reading it phonetically. It's cute how we do that ... :-)

If only it had been a moat. Now that would be nice to have as a background to your garden.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 1:02PM
marti8a

That's awful. You'd think zoning wouldn't allow it. But look at the bright side, you can start with a clean slate at your new place and repeat everything that worked and fix everything that didn't.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 2:36PM
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

How hideous! The suburbs do have an upside. It's very unlikely I'll end up by a motor cross track.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
Carrie: Cardinals Prefer Sun to Eating ...
Carrie says: "Due to a second snow fall we had...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
"Takes pruning--blooms on new growth"
What does this mean exactly? This is what my Plants...
violetwest
Can you ID this bird?
These pictures are from Carrie. Can you ID this bird? Thank...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Meet and Greet - Plant and Seed Swap 2015 (San Antonio, Texas)
Join us on Facebook Group: San Antonio Texas Gardener...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
Changes
This is really different.
loispi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™