Help what is wrong with my tomato leaves

Mrainey1234July 3, 2014

Please help as you can see my tomatoes are growing, however all the leaves are curled. Sprayed for disease, water regularly, live in zone 9 . Can't figure out why my leaves are curled. What have I done wrong

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbrown2351(5)

I never had any luck with growing in containers. One of the container experts on here will advise you but I do know that they need fertilized more often than plants in the ground because of the drainage.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 6:08PM
campv

Hope you get an answer. One of mine is doing the same thing, the rest are fine. (have 12) They are all in the ground.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 6:41PM
stefaniechamo_gw

I'm having the same issue with mine, it is also not producing a lot of fruits, maybe it has a weak root system??

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 6:43PM
edweather(Zone 5a/b Central NY)

Your plants look ok. The color is good. Sometimes the leaves curl due to stress of some sort, but it's not a serious problem, and doesn't affect production. Is it hot on that deck? How much soil is in the container? Container size? What kind of mix is it?

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 6:58PM
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

It looks like you have a few inches between the top of the pot and the top of the mix. You haven't told us what variety/ies you're growing, so we can't recommend how large a pot they'd like (and I am not an expert in that sort of thing anyway), but I'd just like to point out that if the experts say you need a larger pot, you do have room to add more mix at the top (tomatoes will happily grow additional roots higher up on the stem).

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
You people are a bad influence
I went and bought seeds for mortgage lifter, big beef...
carriehelene
Georges chocolate tomato?
Anyone heard of Georges chocolate tomato?
skyblue52
Please Critique Selections for 2015
My garden each year seems to expand here in N. Indiana...
hoosier318
Row Covers for Frost Protection on early tomatoes?
I'm in southeast Ohio and I'm wanting to plant tomatoes...
hockingapple
Black Pineapple Tomato (aka Ananas Noire): Verdict
Just picked my first black pineapple tomato and ate...
Edymnion
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™