Advice needed on interested publications

mcrean1(z8 GA)July 11, 2004

Hey folks,

I'll soon complete my first major greenhouse assembly project and I have the experience chronicled and have loads of pics. I could format the material in a number of ways -- a review of this manufacturer's greenhouse (I'd be the first), a first person first-timers experience, or a how-to/what-to-look for piece.

Can any of you recommend a direction I should take and any possible interested publications I can approach? I welcome any thoughts or feedback anyone may have.

I have some regional publications identified as possible options, but one can never have enough opportunities ;-)

Thanks all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eddie_ga_7a(8)

You could contact Steve Giddings of Georgia Gardener magazine at: stevegiddings@cox-internet.com
or you can contact
Cindy Pugliese of New South Gardener at:
pugliese@acworthcablenet.net
Both pay close to the same, but contact each, visit their web sites, then decide.

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 1:08PM
mcrean1(z8 GA)

Hey Eddie,

Thanks for the advice. I'm a subscriber to Georgia Gardener, but had not heard of New South Gardener. Do you know if these publications routinely take unsolicited articles, and perhaps what their lead times are?

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 10:00PM
eddie_ga_7a(8)

Yes, they accept unsolicited articles. They should publish their lead time under writers guidelines on their sites?

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 7:52PM
mcrean1(z8 GA)

Eddie,
I looked on both sites for their guidelines and I don't see them on-line. I went ahead and e-mailed the editors and asked for copies.

BTW, have you published in these before?

Before I close here, I wanted to say thank you so much for helping me out. Always nice to meet another friendly writer.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 9:15PM
diggingthedirt

Isn't this the kind of piece that Fine Gardening uses? Your experience would be interesting to gardeners everywhere, so I don't see why a regional publication would be the way to go.

Having written only for a local newspaper, I can attest that it's probably more gratifying to be published in a national magazine.

Bookmark   September 2, 2004 at 8:04AM
eddie_ga_7a(8)

Digging in the Dirt has a very good point. I don't know why I only recommended regional publications.

Bookmark   September 2, 2004 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
My first published article
Hey I wrote my first aricle, and it got published on...
santi_rodriguez
Gardening songs
My wife just sent a link to a GW page that had gardening...
jondoe888
Garden Writers Meeting Boston
The Garden Writers Association regional meeting will...
clfo
Poetry - Why to plant a garden
Hello! I'm teaching a college speech class this week...
mmiesse
Most irritating expressions in 2004
It must be winter in Canada - WHERE is the sun???????????...
hotpink
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™